This Week: Sermon Reflection // Annual Pig Pickin’ // Child Dedication // This Week @ Exchange
Having the Mindset of Christ
The sermon Sunday referenced Philippians 2 and Christ’s example of submission. His mindset is our motivation. This is where we find unity.
Paul asks that we have the same love of Christ and doing nothing from selfish ambition, but instead counting others more significant than ourselves. What would that look like for you today? In your next meeting, next parenting moment, next relational encounter, or maybe in the next hour? May God make us a people who look like Jesus in the next moment.
Annual Pig Pickin’ is Coming Soon!
A few weeks ago we shared some initial plans for the annual Pig Pickin’ on Sunday, October 25th. We hope you’re making plans to join us! We will gather on the fields behind Rolesville Elementary School at 5PM.
- 5:00–5:45PM Worship (Prayer, Baptisms, Singing)
- If you or someone in your family is interested in baptism, please contact Ed.
- 6:00–6:45PM Meal Time
- Families are asked to remain together in a distanced, safe environment.
- We encourage families to also invite any singles into their mealtime as they feel comfortable or agree to appropriate safety measures in order to share a meal together.
- 7:00PM Free play/ Hangout
- Kids are welcome to play (on the playground equipment or in the field) and adults can hang out on the grounds and catch up with one another while remaining responsibly safe.
Exchange will provide the pig for the meal. We will pre-package boxes based on how many people are in your group. Please plan to bring sides and drinks to share only with who is sitting with you.
The Sunday morning service will only be online at 10:00AM.
Unless the Lord builds the house,
the builders labor in vain (Ps. 127:1)
Pray for those who dedicated their children to the Lord this past Sunday. Let’s commit with these families to “strive side by side for the faith of the gospel” (Philippians 1:27).
- Owen Moya (Chris and Laura)
- Clyde Sullivan (John and Jessica)
- Liam Leonard (Josh and Abby)
- Asher Gordon (Jesse and Whitney)
- Sage Hendricks (Justin and Rachel)
- Haddon Karr (Matt and Alexa)
- Trey Poad (CJ and Lauren)
Behold the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love…Our souls wait for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him because we trust in his holy name. –Psalm 33:18, 20-21
Exchange Church is gathering at North Raleigh Christian Academy at 7300 Perry Creek Rd. Raleigh, NC. 27616.
Click here to see information about gathering safely.